Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Recipe Book

This is one of the projects I have been working on while learning Cricut Craft Room. It is another design by Laura Denison called the Leftovers Recipe Book/Mini Album. I made mine a recipe book for my favorite Christmas recipes. The papers and chipboard pieces are from Jolly by Golly by Cosmo Cricket. I've had these papers in my stash and was thrilled to finally use them. I used Cricut cartridge From My Kitchen for "Recipes" and I used my Slice Paws & Claws for "Favorites" and Spook Alley for the peppermints.


 This is the Cookies section and although the word Cookies doesn't show up real well here, you can actually make it out very well when looking at the book. I, again, used the From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge for "Cookies" and the gingerbread men. I also embossed the gingerbread cookies using a Cuttlebug Christmas tree embossing folder.

 This is how a recipe card looks in the section. They just slide in and come out very easily. It fits a 4x6 card perfectly!


















This next section is "Candy" and I used the Cricut cartridge From My Kitchen for this too. I used the cartridge Joys of the Season for the peppermint candies and candy cane.




This last section is the "Pie" section also done with my From My Kitchen cartridge. I used the same cartridge for the pie shown there.

I just added this photo to show my most favorite feature of this recipe book! The bottom portion of the outer cover can "pop out" for that easel effect so you can prop the book up and read your recipes.


















My Christmas Recipe Book really helped me learn Cricut Craft Room because I love using a shadow with items I cut and I was having a huge problem getting that to work. Of course, it was just a simple button I needed to push to get it to work ... duh ... but when you aren't familiar with the program it just takes a bit.

I hope you enjoyed seeing this and thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

remus79 said...

Another great project. Laura comes up with the neatest projects. I'm hoping you can teach Cricut Craft Room to me! :)