Friday, January 21, 2011

Just back from Disney World ...

Well, Curt and I had a fantastic time at Disney World!!! We were there nine days and there was only one day of rain! The weather was very cool in the beginning and the day before we left I was in capris and a t-shirt without a jacket ... you just never know what to expect weather wise. On this trip we were thrilled that Wren and David could join us for a few days and we also felt blessed to spend time with some wonderful friends Karen and Guy. We stayed at Bay Lake Towers and, as always, loved our stay there ... here is a view from our balcony:
We went to the Top of the World Lounge on top of  Bay Lake Towers to watch the "Wishes" firework show about four times! It is one of the best places to see the firework show ... besides being in front of the castle! I loved the night we dined at Crystal Palace and then walked out the door to see "Wishes" just starting.


 We had a fantastic view from there. We then stayed to see the electrical parade, which Curt and I hadn't seen since we honeymooned there in '82!



I was so happy to be able to deliver my Christmas presents to Karen in person ... I know they were late, but I don't think it mattered! Karen was sweet and will deliver Mell's gift to her since we were not able to see her this trip.


I got the idea for this project here. It is the November 22nd entry from Following The Paper Trail ... I LOVE THIS BLOG! Laura is wildly creative and everything I have made from her blog has turned out wonderful!

For Karen I made a Disney themed momento/ notepad since she works at Disney World.


Here is the inside ... on the left is an accordion folder for mementos, coupons, etc. and on the right is a refillable notepad.












Here is the coupon/notepad I made for Mell:















For the inside I used scrabble tile alpha and really liked the finished product.












Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

disneygirlwv7 said...

Great photos!!!!!Awsome gift!!!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks ... I had an awesome photographer and two incredible friends to inspire me!!! Heehee!