Friday, April 16, 2010

Trying to "See" the Sunshine through the Rain!

We are having A LOT of rain here and can't wait to see the sunshine ... hence the title for this post.

I am entering the cards in a "Bling Challenge" for Practical Scrappers. First time participating here, but my friend and someone who inspires me, Wanda, said I should enter these cards ... so here they are.

I haven't made any cards in so long! I made these for two very special friends who always bring sunshine into my life!
 
 
 I used a digital stamp from Scrapbook Boutique Digitals called Pocket-Full-O-Sunshine and the patterned paper on the bottom is from DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies stack. The lime, orange & pink cardstock is just from HL. I used the Swiss Dot & Stylized Flower Embossing folders with my Cuttlebug. On the digital stamp I used Copic Markers, Copic atyou Spica Pens, and, of course, stickles!! I added orange bling gems to the top.


 I used a digital stamp from Pink Cat Studio called Lady Bug on Flower and the Somebuggy Loves U stamp.The stamps were colored with Copic Markers, Copic atyou Spica Pens, and sei chalks. I used the Oval & Oval Scalloped Nestabilities, Martha Stewart punch, orange, yellow & blue cardstock from HL and background stripe paper from DCWV Citrus matstack. I added stickles and blue gems for bling.

 Thanks for looking! :)

7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

This cards are so beautiful! I have no doubt you will make your friends smile....and also feel so loved! They are adorable. Happy Friday!

Robyn said...

awww! I LOVE her! She just makes me smile!

magicwanda said...

Hi Cheryl
I would say I will send you some sunshine but we had Thunder storms today and tomorrow it is only gonna be around 5o...
Great cards....you need to enter them in Practical Scrappers Bling challenge .
Hugs Wanda:-D

Cheryl said...

Okay Wanda ... I am now participating in the Bling Challenge at Practical Scrappers! Thanks for the suggestion! I'm having fun with challenges lately. :)

Robyn said...

yea, what Wanda said!

Heidi M said...

Hi Cheryl,

Fabulous cards! Love the pocket full of sunshine card.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Pracitcal Scrappers.

Heidi :)

Robyn said...

I am so happy to know I am one of those special friends! It was a fun weekend - thanks buddy! I love you!